Club championships 2017
The aim of the 2017 club championship is to encourage greater participation and head to head racing among club members.
- January (Road) 29th at 11:30am Lliswerry 8 Flat 8 miles Entries open on 1st December
- February (MT) Rogue Runs Night Race 23rd Feb It’s Off Road, at Night. Based at Beechenhurst Lodge. http://www.rogueruns.com/
- March Forest Half Marathon Sunday 19th March (Road) 13.1 miles through the Forest. I’m sure you’ve all run some if not all of the route before!) http://www.forestofdean-halfmarathon.co.uk/spring_trails/index.php
- April (Road) Spring Forest Mile Not far to go or run for this one! Date: Tuesday 2nd May. Venue Five Acres Track.
- May (Road) County Championships 5K How many county champs san we get on the track for this race? Date and venue Saturday May 13th, Prince of Wales Stadium, Cheltenham. 5K @ 15.10.
- June Cleeve Cloud Cuckoo (MT) The Cleeve Cloud Cuckoo 5.5miles multi-terrain race is held over an undulating course on Cleeve Common. Date: Wednesday 31st May. 7.30 pm start. The course is a figure of eight and the race is run entirely on Cleeve Common, mostly on grass footpaths but with stretches of gravel and stones. http://cheltenhamharriers.co.uk/fixtures/cleeve-cloud-cuckoo.html
- July (MT) Tintern Trot. Thursday 6th July. 7.30pm. Organised by our nearest neighbours Chepstow Harriers. https://sites.google.com/site/chepstowharriersrunningclub/tintern-tror Approx 6 miles off road with nearly 1000ft of climb. What’s not to like (Remember what goes up must come down!)
- August Standish Woodland Chase (MT). Sunday 13th August. 10.00am. Bit of a hill to start then loop around the woods including some of the Cotswold way then downhill to the finish. Standish woodland chase
- September Oldbury 10. Sunday 3rd September 2017 at 10:30. This is a fast flat road race . http://www.thornburyrunningclub.co.uk/?page_id=211
- October Blaze the Biblins (Off Road). Sunday 8th October.11am. 6ish miles around the woods of the Doward and the Biblins. Route designed by runners, for runners featuring climbs, flat sections and technical single track. New race from Monross Trailblazers. http://www.monross-trailblazers.co.uk/p/blaze-biblins.html
- November (Road) Newent 9. 19th November. 9K of undulating hills around the lanes of Newent. http://www.newentrunners.com/newent-nine-html/
- December (MT) Gloucester League Cross Country Fixture TBC Whichever one is in December!
Extra Races: To help you complete your 8 to count
Any marathon, anywhere in the world as long as you start (and finish) in 2017 it’ll count
Any parkrun: As long as it’s officially organised and timed and completed in 2017 it’ll count.
It is the competitors responsibility to inform the club championships co-ordinator of their parkrun and marathon times.
To participate competitors must be First Claim members of FODAC and have an EA number.
You will need to do two road and two off-road races plus four others from any category. Your best 8 scores will count.
Points in the ‘Open Championship’ are awarded according to your finishing position in relation to other FODAC club runners (eg. 1st=100 points, 2nd=99 3rd 98 etc).
Points in the ‘Age Graded Championship are calculated using the WMA tables and ranked according to your percentage score. Highest score =100, 2nd highest =99 and so on.
There are separate Age Graded Championships and Open Championships for men and women, making a total of four categories.
Members must enter races as Forest of Dean AC and wear club vest and colours (green top with horizontal white stripe) in order to earn club championship points with the exception of park runs. The championship coordinator will penalise anyone who continually ignores this rule and may result in no points being awarded. This is to allow members to know who they are racing. Also, only races completed while a paid up member will be eligible (races run before joining or when membership subs were unpaid, will not count).
In the event of a points tie Head to head scores between those runners will be used (minimum 3 races) if still a tie or they haven’t raced each other 3 times most miles run wins (excludes marathons and parkruns)
Any eventualities not covered by these rules, need to be raised with the Club Championship co-ordinator at the earliest opportunity, and any decision he makes is final, if the issue involved has any bearing on his score the decision will be passed onto the committee.
Age grading scores will be calculated using http://www.howardgrubb.co.uk/athletics/wmalookup06.html
Age as of 1/1/2017
Points and rules as above