2020 Club Championship fixtures and rules
The 2020 Club Championship was abandoned after 2 races
2020 Score Board (as at 1st March)
Female scoring spreadsheet – Click here
Male scoring spreadsheet – Click here
|Fri 10th Jan||Beechenhurst Night Race||5 M||S||Trail|
|Sun 23rd Feb||Pontypool 10k||10 KM||S||Road|
Sun 25th Oct
|Hereford Half Marathon||13.1 M||L||Road|
Sat 26th Sep TBC
|Dymock Half Marathon||13.1 M||L||Road|
|June (TBC)||Gords 6||6 M||S||Trail|
|Thu 23rd Jul||MapRun Ellwood/Sling||60 MINS||S||Other|
|Sat 1st Aug||Llanthony Show||3.5 M||S||Other|
|Mon 31st Aug||Machen Mountain Race||7 KM||S||Other|
|Sun 13th Sep||Upton Bishop Big Dipper||10 KM||S||Road|
|Sun 27th Sep||Forest of Dean Autumn Half||13.1 M||L||Trail|
|Sun 18th Oct (*)||Ponty Plod||11 M||L||Trail|
|October (TBC) (*)||Blaze the Biblins||5 M||S||Trail|
|November (TBC) (*)||Trellech Beacon Dash||10 KM||S||Trail|
|December (TBC)||Mallards Pike Night Race||5 M||S||Trail|
|Mon 28th Dec||Hereford Christmas 10k||10 KM||S||Road|
- (*) fixture may be swapped out subject to clashes with key T&F or XC league fixtures (Midland T&F, Gloucester XC, Gwent XC). Races may be removed without direct replacement
- Alternative fixtures that have been identified as “back ups” given below
- Sun 20th September – Swansea 10k – Road.
The purpose of the Club Championship is to identify the best male and female members of the club, recognising both their individual performances and their contribution to club performances in the key cross-country and track & field leagues.
- There will be at least 20 races. Your best 10 scores to count providing you do the required mix of races.
- Points in the Club Championship series are awarded according to your finishing position in relation to other FODAC club runners (e.g. 1st=100 points, 2nd=99 points, 3rd=98 points etc.).
- Points will only be awarded to members who are affiliated to UKA, aged 16 or over on 1st January 2020, and enter each race under “Forest of Dean AC”.
- Every member to complete the required mix of races will receive a medal / trophy
- You will get 5 bonus points if your SB (seasons best) is a new PB in any* mile, 5k, 10k, HM or marathon. If you miss out on a new PB but set a new best time since 1st January 2015, then you may receive 3 bonus points per SB.
- * to be eligible these must be measured distances (i.e. road/track), at a UKA affiliated race, for a distance you have already previously recorded a PB before the start of the year. Clearly net downhill races, such as Torfaen 10k, will not count. The Co-ordinator will cross reference to Power of 10. These points will be added at the end of the Championship year – an invitation to submit PBs will be circulated during November.
- There must be at least 2 long races (10 miles or over) included in the 10 counters.
- There must be at least 4 road races included in the 10 counters.
- There must be at least 3 trail races included in the 10 counters.
- There must be at least 1 “other” race included in the 10 counters. “Other” races will be fell or navigation based.
- For series races – e.g. Rose Inn, Hereford 5k – these will only count as 1 race, taking competitor’s best times from across the series.
- Bonus points will be awarded for representing the Club in the XC and T&F leagues. The tariff will be larger for the far-away leagues, and reduced in the Avon League where there are very limited places per meet. The bonus tariffs per meet are:
- Gwent League (XC) – 5 points
- Gloucestershire League (XC) – 3 points
- Midland League (T&F) – 5 points (also awarded to any non-competing officials)
- Avon League (T&F) – 1 point (also for any non-competing officials)
- For the avoidance of any doubt, county champs fixtures outside of the above leagues do NOT earn the bonus.
- Age grading. We will award age category prizes to top V40, V50, V60 and V70, if any, in the series. Age category will be determined by your age on 1st January 2020.
- In the event of a tie, the tie-break will be as follows (1) most number of “100 points” scores across all championship races during the year; (2) most times representing the Club at League XC & T&F meets during the year; (3) a run-off at the Forest of Dean (Five Acres) Parkrun at a date to be agreed during January 2021.
- Initial fixtures for May onwards are provisional subject to confirmation of T&F and XC meets. We do not want to include races that clash with T&F/XC leagues and will reassign championship fixtures where possible.
Any queries – please message the co-ordinator Richard Cronin (pref via Facebook)