2019 Club Championship Calendar and Rules
2019 Mens Championship: Championship 2019 06-10/19 Excel
2019 Ladies Championship:Championship 2019 Race 24 Excel
Click here to email the Mens Championship coordinator
Click here to email the Ladies Championship coordinator
- There will be at least 20 races. Your best 8 scores to count providing you do the required mix of races.
- Points in the Club Championship series are awarded according to your finishing position in relation to other FODAC club runners (eg. 1st=100 points, 2nd=99 3rd 98 etc).
- Every member to complete 8 scoring races will receive a medal / trophy
- You will get 5 bonus points if your SB (Seasons Best) is a PB in any mile, 5K, 10K, HM or marathon. These points will be added at the end of the Championship.
- There will be 2 Long races (10 miles or over) needed out of the 8 counters.
- 3 Off Road races needed (Trail / Fell)
- 3 Road races also required (Road)
- Track and field -2 bonus points per Meeting.
- Cross Country – 2 bonus points per event
- Marathons – Your eight races can include one marathon or which will also count as one of your long races. It is your responsibility to advise the championship coordinator of your times and th e races you competed in. Your best time will then be listed with those of other members and points awarded accordingly e.g. Fastest time: 100 points, 2nd=99, 3rd 98 etc.
- parkrun – Your eight races can include your best Forest (Five acres) parkrun run in August. It is your responsibility to advise the championship coordinator of your times and the dates. Your best time will then be listed with those of other members and points awarded accordingly e.g. Fastest time: 100 points, 2nd=99, 3rd 98 etc.
- It is the competitor’s responsibility to inform the club championships co-ordinator of their SB’s, best parkrun and marathon times. These will be compiled towards the end of year. There will be an email link to send results to in due course…
- Age Grading. There will be a change in age grading this year. We will award age category prizes to top V40, V50, V60, V70 if there are any, in the series. (Category will be determined by your age on 1st Jan 2019)
- Any eventualities not covered by these rules, need to be raised with the Club Championship co-ordinator at the earliest opportunity. Any decision they make is final, unless the issue has any bearing on their score. Then the decision will be passed onto the committee.
- Only runners over the age of 16 may enter.
- All participants must be Affiliated and enter Races as “Forest of Dean AC”